Friday, June 18, 2010

weddings


weddings weddings weddings. A day that all girls;okay maybe a few girls dream about. fo me all i care about for now is mu wedding dress..kapish.i guess when the time comes,i will care about the rest. i have attended a lot of weddings in my life because of food.yes you heard me right food,most especially the cake.i think they know a lot of people like the cake so the 'mise' it.oh well i have found a solution for my own wedding. that is not my point.
Weddings are usually really glamorous events depending on the families involved. i thank God that i have gone for mostly the beautiful ones.you know, when you go for a wedding of someone you don't really know, you won't know how much work was put into the wedding. well i didn't know weddings were serious work until my aunts and uncles started getting married one by one.OMG!!weddings are tough on everyone especially the bride. but for me i think its all about careful and 'on-time' planning.weddings here include the traditional ones as well. there are 2 weddings that stick out like sore thumbs in my memory and unfortunately, one of them was my uncle's trad wedding.
The trad wedding was set for 1pm and you will never believe the people that delayed us-the village people. we the family were on-time and we had to wait for the village people.that's my first problem.in my own wedding,they aren't invited. know that seems harsh but they are the greatest source of the problem.ok so this wedding was also in Anambra state but due to the terrible roads in these country,there was hold-up and we finally got there are 4pm.imagine that. as if that was not enough,he's wife people decided to insult us by saying we are not allowed to watch some of the wedding rights. fine no problem. you would not believe that we waited for 3 hours for the rites to finish.I'm telling you now n all honesty that i left my own uncles trad wedding without even seeping water. everyone that came with us were so pissed off that they left.my poor uncle by the way was also not allowed to see the rites.at his own wedding he didn't eat.they finally brought food when it was dark so we suggested that we take the food home and eat there. but no!the villagers could not wait. they behaved like they had never seen food before and it was embarrassing.we got back home at about 8pm that my mum,myself and my siblings.the wedding party came back around 10pm and trust the villagers,they returned for their food.i can't blame them anyway.they deserved it after all they had suffered.
Wedding number 2 was that of intern at my mum's office. i don't even know why my mum agreed to attend. the wedding was in kaduna-trad on Friday and white on Saturday. the girl told my mum that she had reserved a hotel room for us which meant my whole family.i decided to go with my mum unfortunately for me and fortunately for my mum. anyway we got to kaduna around 4pm and called the girl to come ad pick us. you would not believe what she came o pick us up with 'okada'.unfreakingbelievable. my mum and I were shocked. we just took a cab to the house which was crowded with guests. it rained so everyone had to enter the house. after all the festivities ended around 8pm,we decided it was time to go to bed. we asked about our hotel reservation and she told us o wait.we did, for 2 hours. imagine!!they packed us in a bus with all these Yoruba speaking old people and drove us back and forth kaduna till 12:30am.they took us a guest house,then to the guy's house and back.we just kept going back and forth.finally we got to a hotel which was nothing to write home about but we didn't care.all i wanted was to sleep.i woke up refreshed in the morning and that's when i saw how bad the hotel was.no food!!!!even common bread in a hotel!!!oh well.we bathed,dressed up and went to the reception venue.they were having a court wedding which was at 10am so we didn't see the need to go there. we got to the reception venue at 11am.honestly we left there t 4pm without seeing the wedding party. they hadn't done their court wedding by 4pm.what is going on???i have suffered all for weddings.i can't seem to understand.
All these things by God's grace can NEVER happen at my wedding NEVER!!!!!
So ladies,a piece of advice get a wedding planner and start very early.oh yes and don't invite too many people.it tends to cause problems.
ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment